Weight loss supplements can be very useful to speed up the rate at which you lose pounds. The best supplements are those that support your overall health, increase metabolism, and improve digestion. You may be surprised to know that vinegar (! Yes, vinegar!) does exactly all of that!
Pure vinegar is a strongly acidic (low pH) compound called acetic acid. Everyone who spends time in the kitchen knows how to use this as a condiment, flavouring, preservative and culinary ingredient. However, few people understand exactly how this food affects your body.
Unbeknownst to most, unrefined vinegars have been used medicinally for centuries. In particular, raw apple cider has a long history of use. It’s antiseptic, anti-fungal, and diuretic. Diabetics also consumed it to help relieve their symptoms and manage their medical condition. This latter fact gives us a clue about how vinegar can help with weight loss.
How Does Vinegar Support Healthy Weight Loss?
In recent years, scientists have discovered that vinegar works on many levels to improve body weight and shape. The most prominent ways vinegar impacts your body are:
1. Vinegar helps to delay gastric emptying. This means it slows down the rate at which food moves through your digestive system and allows enzymes to break down food more thoroughly. This helps you feel full for a longer period of time.
2. Vinegar helps to moderate blood sugar fluctuations. Therefore, it helps stabilize your appetite so you don’t suffer from an unpredictable roller coaster of food cravings throughout the day.
3. Vinegar stimulates fat-burning activity in the liver.
4. Vinegar helps to reduce fat storage in the body. This is partly due to its ability to regulate blood sugar and partly due to its ability to trigger fat break down in the liver.
Should you simply add more vinegar to your diet and assume you’ll drop pant sizes in a few weeks?
Not necessarily. In fact, this might actually be a bad idea depending on which vinegar you habitually use, how much of it you consume, and how sensitive you are to it.
Always choose unrefined, raw (unpasteurized) fruit and grain vinegars over white, refined vinegar. Raw apple cider vinegar provides health-supporting phytonutrients such as antioxidants as well as amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
Avoid having vinegar on an empty stomach and avoid having too much because it can:
erode tooth enamel
- cause pain to people who have sensitive teeth
- cause aphthuous ulcers (canker sores) in your mouth
- cause an upset stomach, and/or
- stimulate your appetite.
Taking apple cider vinegar as a supplement can be a convenient way to get the right amount of blood-sugar stabilizing and fat-burning activity without the potential adverse effects of taking liquid vinegar. New Nordic Apple Cider Vinegar capsules contain 600 mg of apple cider vinegar per capsule and the recommended dose is to take 2 to 3 tablets daily with a glass of water.
I recommend you take these capsules with your meals, especially large ones. You’ll enjoy faster results if you combine this supplement with New Nordic Chili Burn and New Nordic Mulberry Zuccarin. The New Nordic Diet Dre 3-Pack was put together specifically for this purpose—to help you slenderize your body as you like.