Monday Meal Idea: Chai Tea Smoothie
Apparently it's all about the Chai around here lately! As my go-to, yet unexpected summer flavor, I had to share this wildly fantastic smoothie. Serving as the ultimate early-morning pick-me-up, this is both energizing and refreshing, making it the perfect way to start your day. If pulling yourself away from your morning coffee isn't an option (no judgement here) try this in the afternoon to evade a mid-day lull. The flavor is the perfect spicy-sweet contrast.
Obviously the star of this smoothie show is the Chai tea. Our Yogi Chai Black tea is a full-bodied, Organic Assam Black Tea from the Assam region. This area is one of only two places in the world with native tea plants, making this a truly authentic Chai! The cleansing properties of the Cinnamon, Cardamom, and Ginger are host to a multitude of benefits such as digestive support and anti-inflammatory effects.
Benefits of Comvita Manuka Honey
A hint of sweetness comes via our friend Comvita Manuka Honey. If the Chai is the star of this smoothie, this honey is the unsung hero! I've learned recently that all honey is not created equal when it comes to nutrition and also agricultural practices. We're proud to offer this honey which is sourced from New Zealand's most pure and remote location and is recognized worldwide for it's unique properties not found in ordinary honey. It contains an active ingredient not found elsewhere, called UMF. Being classified as UMF ensures that the honey is appraised on a unique grading system assuring purity and quality and that the honey can be traced from hive to shelf. Some of the unique benefits include:
- Natural anti-inflammatory effects
- Fights bacteria that cause sore throat
- Powerful anti-fungal properties
- A great source of energy
Chai Smoothie Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of brewed Yogi Chai Black tea (cool it to room temperature)
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk (or try almond if you want)
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons of Comvita Manuka Honey
- Sprinkling of Organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- Protein boost option: 1 Scoop of Genuine Health fermented whole body NUTRITION with greens+, Vanilla Chai (click hereto read about why this is personal favorite).
- Ice - 1 or 2 handfuls
Blend ingredients together and sprinkle some cinnamon on top!