Our Favourite Recipes for Fall - All Things Pumpkin Spice!
Now that fall is into full swing, its time to incorporate some pumpkin into our lives!
Pumpkin is rich in fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C and has many beneficial minerals including magnesium and potassium, making the seasonal fall favourite a great addition into our healthy recipes!
These easy energy balls are very low in sugar and high in healthy fats and fiber, great for providing energy for the day. We also love this pumpkin spice latte recipe. Naturally sweetened, you can skip the processed sugar from your coffee shop and make this recipe at home for a yummy fall inspired coffee.
Pumpkin Bliss Ball
Ingredients for 8 servings:
• 1/3 cup Coconut Butter - I used Nutiva Coconut Manna coconut butter
• 1/3 cup Pureed Pumpkin
• 2/3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice - I love Splendor Garden Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
• 1 tsp Monk Fruit Sweetner
• 1/16 tsp Sea Salt
1. In a blender or food processor add all ingredients and process until the mixture comes together.
2. Remove the mixture from the blender or food processor and place in a bowl. Set the bowl in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the mixture is set, roll into balls. Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ingredients for 1 serving:
• 1/2 cup Organic Coffee
• 2 tbsps Pureed Pumpkin
• 1 1/2 tbsps Maple Syrup
• 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice - I love Splendor Garden Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
• 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Brew your coffee and set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, stir the pumpkin, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until combined. Slowly whisk in almond milk. Bring mixture to a low simmer, stirring occasionally and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
3. Transfer milk mixture to a blender and pulse several times until foamy and frothy. (You can also use a hand-held immersion blender instead.)
4. Add milk mixture to your hot coffee. You may want to use a spoon to gently hold back the frothy top layer while pouring. Top your latte with this remaining froth.
Written by Maddie Battle
Maddie Battle is a Holistic Nutritionist based in Vancouver, BC. Maddie is the owner of Natural Balance Wellness, her private practice where she specializes in women’s health and hormone balance. She can be found on Instagram @balancewithmaddie and www.naturalbalancenutrition.com
Find the best natural and organic pantry products and so much more at Vitarock. Shop with confidence, knowing all our wellness products have been pre-screened to be PURE, GREEN, SAFE, and FAIR. Founded by a fellow mom, Alicja is one of Canada’s most respected experts in natural product quality and safety.