Vitarock is looking for an experienced, passionate, wellness-focused, and entrepreneurial individual to lead our new wellness boutique store in Clarksburg, Ontario. The role will require an individual with exceptional skills in managing a retail space, customer service, and with a strong background in and passion for the Natural Health Product (NHP) industry. The successful candidate is an ethically-minded person who is committed and passionate about Vitarock’s core beliefs and strives to use business as a force for good. This candidate will have an aura about them that instantly makes all customers feel welcomed and special, anticipates and exceeds the expectations of all customers that come to shop with us, and inspires confidence and commitment to the wellness product lines we sell. In addition, they will:
- Eat, sleep, and breathe a green, cruelty-free, sustainable, and ethically-conscious lifestyle;
- Actively participate in roles which align with those values; and
- Be dedicated toward environmental activism, participate in events and campaigns, and not be afraid to advocate for the Earth.
• Manage a boutique retail space, including the visual aesthetic of the store, product merchandising and flow, and inventory/asset management.
• Train and manage a small part-time staff on the core values and day-to-day operations of the store.
• Meet and exceed sales targets using a customer-centric sales style and never compromising Vitarock’s core values.
• Play a lead role in cultivating strong, positive, long-lasting relationships with customers and the local community.
• Attentively engage with customers to provide relevant and personalized education and recommendations from our well-curated line of natural health products.
• Work closely with the General Manager to develop education-based outreach programs (workshops/seminars/local events) for a variety of in-person and virtual platforms.
• Understand and monitor the NHP retail marketplace and trends.
• Actively work to expand all staff members knowledge of NHPs by using a model of continual learning and training.
• Ensure store compliance with all health and safety regulations.
• Assist the General Manager with ecommerce duties as delegated.
3-5 years of management experience in a retail setting, including a good working knowledge of ecommerce-based retail.
2+ years of experience with NHPs, with in-depth knowledge of industry brands and products
A comprehensive understanding of customer service and community outreach, with particular attention toward driving long-lasting community relationships.
Excellent spoken and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Ability to effectively manage special projects with high-level results.
Outstanding people management skills.
Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in science, health, nutrition, or a similar field.
This is a full-time position to start by mid-February 2021, located in the Clarksburg, Ontario area; Candidates must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays.
Candidates should also expect the scope of work and responsibilities to evolve as the store grows within the community.
In addition, we value the following qualities in our team members:
• Personality characterized by high quality standards, responsibility and engagement;
• Ability to interact with a range of personalities and many levels of the organization;
• Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to take initiative;
• Project management and strong prioritization skills;
• Attention to and ability to execute details; and
• Adaptable to changing environment, customer and project needs.
Applying for this Position:
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your CV and related documentation to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.
Vitarock is firmly committed to creating a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment at our company in all divisions. We support the safety of employees and clients of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We also strive to meet individualized accessibility to ensure full inclusion for everyone.Â If you are selected to proceed through the hiring process and need a reasonable accommodation, please inform the company representative that contacts you.
As part of the hiring process, in addition to the interview process, successful candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment and a reference/background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.