Noisette is Lee’s version of brown butter, nutty and delicious. Enjoy as a spread on a slice of crusty bread, melted on popcorn, or in a hot, buttered cider.
To make our Noisette: Vanilla Brown Butter Ghee, we cook the butter at a higher temperature than the other flavours which gives it a nuttier flavour. This recipe is based on the French style of clarified butter, called 'Beurre Noisette', which literally translates to 'hazelnut butter', due to the fragrant, nutty flavour created. We infuse it with pure vanilla bean sustainably grown and harvested in Papua New Guinea. Each vanilla bean is the hand-pollinated fruit of the Vanilla Ahitensis orchid, which opens only one day a year.
- To make our Noisette Ghee, we clarify the butter for longer, which burns the butter.
- The result is a delicious, nutty flavour which is reminiscent of caramel and toffee.
- This recipe is based on the French style of clarified butter, called 'Beurre Noisette'.
Infused with Pure Vanilla Bean
- Noisette is infused with vanilla bean sustainably harvested in Papua New Guinea.
- Each vanilla bean is the hand-pollinated fruit of the Vanilla Ahitensis orchid, which opens only one day a year.
A Lactose-Free Alternative to Butter
- 99% of the milk solids have been removed during the clarification process, rendering our ghee virtually lactose-free and safe for anyone with lactose-intolerance.