Top Tips and Products for Spring Fresh Skin
Spring has sprung….well at least for most of Canada. The weather measures above freezing...every day! Why not get ready for the onset of Spring colours, blooming daffodils and warmer weather? After a rough winter, your skin likely needs a refresh. Here are five great tips to inspire you.
1. Dry skin brush. If you haven’t heard of dry skin brushing, it’s exactly what it suggests. Before showering, brush dry skin with a natural dry soft to medium bristled flat brush. The skin is the body’s largest organ, and keeping it clean has many benefits as it may help reduce cellulite, improve lymphatic drainage, and improve overall stimulation and activation of the circulatory system.
Brush every morning before showering in long stroking motions. Begin with your feet and work up, always brushing towards the heart. Avoid any back and forth scrubbing motions. Cover all areas, except the breasts. Skin should feel stimulated and invigorated, but not irritated. Finish with a quick aromatherapy oil self-massage session. During the shower, the oils will penetrate the skin, creating an energized and ultra moisturized body!
2. Exfoliate. Start with a clean slate. The best creams and serums will do very little against dead skin cells blocking your inner glow.
To create a clean surface area, there are generally two options:
A) A scrub (for normal to oily skin type)
B) An enzyme peel (for more sensitive souls)
Some of our favourite natural products are MyChelle Pumpkin Peel or MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub. The ultra yummy Pumpkin Peel is formulated to dissolve dry, dead skin cells while increasing cell turnover deep within the skin. The Fruit Enzyme Scrub sheds dead skin cells and immediately improves the skins texture and appearance. These products are gentle and effective enough to use together weekly.
3. Purify. After treating your skin to healthy pampering and eliminating dead skin cells the canvas, of your skin, is ready for nourishment. For urban dwellers pollution, stress and everyday dirt and debris can cause havoc on your skin. Time to cleanse and purify with a clay-based mask that will suck out the bad stuff, without over-drying your skin. Our pick is SIBU Seabuckthorn Purifying Mask, which effectively cleans the pores from deep inside, while nourishing with omega 7 fatty acids. Try it once weekly, when you’re fresh out of the shower or bath.
your skin. You’re brushed clean, purified, and now time to feed the skin
with some deep moisture and hydration. Those cells are just waiting for some
nourishment to lock in. An ideal rich and creamy offering, even for oily skin
types, is the new Andalou Avo Cacao Skin Food Mask. Resist the urge to eat it!
The new Andalou Avo Cacao Skin Food Mask contains: a Fruit Stem Cell Complex, dark cocoa and organic avocado oil, superfruit antioxidants, and amino acids. This mask deeply nourishes the skin. During times of stress, use up to 3 times a week, It smells delicious and relaxing. In a mere ten minutes, this mask will do wonders for your skin and mind.
5. Nourish from the inside out. Whether it’s your workload, relationships, the weather or tax time, mental stress can take a toll on your skin. As much as we love our natural beauty products, they won’t work nearly as well if you’re scarfing down too many processed foods and caffeine. Start your day with an organic green juice, or fruit smoothie (pass on any added sweeteners) or add a teaspoon of purified liquid omega (or take 3 or 4 capsules). These gems will nourish your skin from the inside out. This treatment can reduce inflammation and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Get Your Glow On Green Juice Recipe
-a few leaves of organic romaine
-3-4 stems of organic kale
-1 organic cucumber (peel skin if not organic)
-1-2 organic lemons, peeled (to taste)
-1” of fresh, organic ginger root and/or fresh, organic turmeric
-1 organic apple
Juice these lovelies, and consume right away. This amount should make a serving for two.
6. Inner glow stems from the heart. Last, but certainly not least,
tend to your heart. It’s truly the most effective and free ingredient in
creating that inner glow. Random acts of kindness work best. Send a card to a
loved one (yes, paper, not email), drop $5 in the hat of a subway
musician, buy an unsuspecting customer their morning latte, make a monthly
donation to your favourite charity, or support brands that make a difference in
The list is endless, and deeply personal. Close your eyes, and think of what you could do for another that gives you an immediate feeling of joy – and go do it. After any of these acts you’ll be glowing from the inside and out!